Learner Bill of Rights
- Everyone is a learner and everyone has the right to learn
- All learners are different and need options for their work
- All learners have different learning styles and need opportunities to individualize their work
- Learners must have voice in their learning environment
- Learners require structure for their learning
- Learners have the right to share their opinions in a welcoming environment
- Learners have the right to be rewarded for making good choices
- Learners can fail and that's alright
- Learners have the right to take initiative and shape their own learning
- Learners must encourage the learning and respect of other learners.
What is Empowerment?
Empowerment is permitting or enabling someone. At MC2 we enable each other to use our voice to say how you feel and share your opinion. Some examples of us being empowered and empowering each other are the learners always use positive reinforcement when teaching each other new things. We also are empowered to choose our own work and design our own projects. We enable each other with all of the tools to lead each other to success.
What makes it matter?
What matters about incorporating others into your learning is that you can take charge of your learning. Everyone has their own perspective so it's good to share. Everyone's opinion matters and by sharing you can test your ideas against others and learn more, students teaching other students.